Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Thanksgiving-Eve

We've had a fun week with Travis' parents coming into town for Thanksgiving. Visited the new Star Valley temple and got to meet Aunt Julie for the first time. Then Travis and I decided to take the parents to Pizza Pie Café for dinner, because who doesn't eat at a buffet the night before Thanksgiving..?
Thinking about my blessings this week and especially with reading so many things on the importance of mothers, I have had some extra tender feelings for my own mother. She is truly one of my very best friends. David O McKay tells us that, "Motherhood has the greatest potential influence either for good or ill in human life." I can attest that my mother influenced me for good. I learned so many things from her and still do to this day, even when I'm hundreds of miles away. I am also grateful for such a caring mother-in-law who loves me like one of her own. Mothers have an influence unlike any other. It is no wonder that women are so precious and wonderful when we remember that we are made in the image of our Heavenly Mother. I am grateful for mothers and for their divine nature. I am grateful for the opportunity that I have to bear children and become a mother myself one day. I am grateful for my father and for all that he did to provide and care for me. I'm grateful for siblings and for my husband. I'm grateful for friends and for neighbors. I'm grateful for temples, for mountains, and for prophets. I'm grateful that I'm able to spend time with family this Thanksgiving and I'm grateful for the gospel in my life. I'm grateful for my Savior and for his sacrifice for me. I'm grateful for his sacrifice for me and for the chance I have to live with my family for eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Simplify

It's finally Christmas season, my favorite time of the year! It always seems to go by too fast. And that may be because of how much I t...