Friday, March 18, 2016

Surprise

Lots of news:

First off, Melissa is engaged!!! Woo! Scott proposed on the lake and Melissa dropped his phone in with all the pictures of the two of them...bummer. But I guess at least she didn't lose the ring! Date is set for May 6th in the Mesa temple. I'm excited for them.

Turns out I'm not going to NAU or SLCC. Sad. But I guess it just wasn't meant to be. It will all work out in the end. Travis and I applied to BYU Idaho this past week so hopefully we can still get into there! I'm praying we do. 

In other news, we're moving to Jackson, Wyoming for the summer! We'll be working for a white water river rafting company with Caitlin and James. We bought a little trailer to live in for the three months we'll be there for $600!! Which is crazy cheap compared to everything else we were looking at. Downside is that the trailer is in Idaho right now so we can't really work on it or see it in person, super lame. But, for 600 bucks it's worth it. Travis' friend Terel bought it for us so we got to tour the inside through facetime which was cool, but nothing is the same as being there for yourself. SO basically we just bought our first home for $600.

Also, I got a job at lifetime fitness a couple weeks ago! Except for now I'm leaving to Jackson in like 2 months so I'm not going to be working there for very long..whoops. Hopefully they don't get too mad at me for leaving.

A few weeks ago, we played dress up for Lauren Ruettinger(fetter). She was looking for some couples to practice her wedding photography on and asked if we would be willing to help her out. She also had a friend practicing makeup and hair skills on me for her portfolio. Ended up with fake eyelashes and a whole lotta makeup that I don't normally wear caked on my face, but it's fun to get all dolled up every now and then. Lauren even made us flower bouquets to pose with..how cute is she? I did have to pretty much scramble up a mountain barefoot in my wedding dress for her to get the pictures she wanted but I suppose it was worth helping a friend out. Afterwards, she let us take the flowers with us. When we got home I walked into the bathroom, after telling Travis we didn't have any vases to put the flowers in, to find this:
Haha he's a keeper. 
The picture taking has been pretty slim these past few weeks so that's all I really have in terms of photographs. But..rumor has it, my parents are getting us a nice camera for our wedding present. Downside of the rumor is it's been almost 2 months since our wedding sooo maybe that's not happening. I'll keep my fingers crossed for now because that camera would be really nice while we're living in Jackson.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Simplify

It's finally Christmas season, my favorite time of the year! It always seems to go by too fast. And that may be because of how much I t...