Saturday, October 13, 2018

Never Grow Up

   Today was one of those good days. Cloudy skies, cooler temps and lots of rain. It was full of playing, cleaning, dancing, napping, hiking, running, cooking.. and the list goes on.

I was giving Hunt a bath after a stroll through the muddy pond that is our backyard and the song Never Grow Up by Taylor Swift came on. It's a sweet song about motherhood and growing up. I'm so thankful for every little moment that I have with him. The tears and the giggles, the tantrums and the snuggles. He makes everything worth it. I'm so grateful to be his mother and to see him grow up. The song ends with Taylor saying "I wish I'd never grown up". And as sad as it is to see my baby grow up, it's also the most rewarding thing to see him learn and progress. I'm thankful for a knowledge of the plan of salvation and the blessing it is in my life. I know that we have the ability to eventually grow up and be Kings and Queens and to live with our Heavenly and earthly families for eternity. And what a joy and comfort that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Simplify

It's finally Christmas season, my favorite time of the year! It always seems to go by too fast. And that may be because of how much I t...