Sunday, October 9, 2016

Empty Houses, Rainy Days, and Prophets of God

It's been a lonely few days at the house. Travis got called to work an overnight charter again from Friday to Monday which means I watched conference by myself. Luckily, I got to see him and spend the night with him two of the three nights by some chance. I'm so grateful for my husband and the things he does for me. I'm lucky to be his wife and to get to spend eternity with him. Eternity. Sometimes I don't think I fully comprehend or appreciate the beauty of that word.
I was studying some teachings that really stood out to me and touched my heart the other day and wanted to share them. We know that the family is central to the Father's plan, these words come straight from the Proclamation given to us by prophets and apostles over 20 years ago. Something that I never really put much thought into was the fact that we can only continue our families in the highest degree of the celestial kingdom. Nowhere else will families exist. How crazy is that? That realization made me evaluate my life and the progress I was making. If I want to be with my family forever I need to make achieving celestial glory my highest priority.
That may seem like a lofty goal, but we can start small. Eternal families aren't constructed by grandiose deeds, they require consistent, daily affirmations of faith and love. They require striving and encouraging, praising and teaching. Repentance will be necessary and forgiveness a common practice. But with faith we will be able to qualify for all the blessings our Heavenly Father has in store for us, including eternal life with our families.

"Every major decision should be based on the effect it will have on a family to qualify for life with Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ." - Henry B. Eyring

No comments:

Post a Comment

Simplify

It's finally Christmas season, my favorite time of the year! It always seems to go by too fast. And that may be because of how much I t...